Task 2: Newspapers – Television – Radio
purpose of this assignment is to compare different news media. Look for
a news story on a cultural, social or political question covered by
newspapers, television, and radio.
The news item can be from any
field: news, sports, fashion, film etc.
Write a short summary of the news item and analyse how it is dealt
with in the three media. Compare the treatment of the subject.
Your essay should be a minimum of 600 words.
Examples of questions to consider:
- Is the presentation similar or dissimilar?
- Can you explain why they are dissimilar, if they are?
- Where is the analysis most detailed?
- Which of the news sources seems most accurate?
- Which is most entertaining?
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of the different media.
- Which of the media has most readers, viewers or listeners do you think?
- Who controls the media?
Newspapers and Radio
The Daily Telegraph
OnDemand Channel Africa
BBC World service
Chicago Tribune Internet edition
Prasar Bharati All India Radio